Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 20:41:44 +0000
From:      Markus <mennis@ucsd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   prompt2

Hi,

I've searched hi and low but cannot find any info regarding the prompt
shell variable.  I've been attempting to set my prompt as the current
working directory such as:

/usr/home/marke>%

and have it change when the directory is changed.  I was going to do an
alias for cd and maybe change the prompt variable or use the second
prompt variable if I knew how to print it as well but couldn't find the
cd executable, I believe it's a system call???, and couldn't find info
on prompt2.   Do you know how to do this??

Thanks for all the help, I'm learning quickly how fun and powerful
FreeBSD is.....