Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:02:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Myers <ccrider@whiterose.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.2R to 4.3R upgrade

I have a few concerns/questions about upgrading from 4.2R to 4.3R

1. Is it necessary to upgrade due to the glob/ftpd issue, or will
there be bianry fixes made availabel for 4.2R and so forth.

2. When upgrading what is the best way to avoid major weirdness,
i.e. breaking stuff left and right.....

3.  When doing a make world, what configuration files do I need to make
note of?

4.  Does make world touch anything in /usr/local/*, i.e. any packages that
aren't  will still be the same as when I installed them from 4.2R

5.  Has anyone done this with a similar setup, i.e. postgres, mysql,
apache+fp+php, postfix, DJBDNS?

Any insight would be helpful

Thank you.

-Bob