Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:04:23 -0600
From:      Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   What's the appropriate Makefile-fu to change someport.conf to someport.conf.sample?

Howdy,

I'm working a new port (and I'm fairly green to bsd.port.mk).

I've tried:

pre-install:
        cp ${WRKSRC}/latd.conf ${WRKSRC}/latd.conf.sample

and then putting latd.conf.sample into pkg-plist. It creates
latd.conf.sample in WRKSRC, but still installs latd.conf ... I assume
that's because it decides to do based on somethign other than pkg-plist.
Is there a canonical way to handle this situation in a ports Makefile so
that config files don't clobber?

Thanks,

-T

--
The problem of leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
	- Muad'Dib, from the Oral History