Date:      Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:45:56 +0100 (CET)
From:      alx <alx@cuba.xs4all.nl>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scp fails on wrong path to scp executable

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:43:06 +0100, alx wrote:
>
> > [root@freak distfiles]# scp alxkiste:/usr/ports/distfiles/rdate* .
> >
> > it says:
> >
> > root@alxkiste's password:
> > scp: Command not found.
>
> > After making a symlink /usr/bin/scp --> /usr/local/bin/scp it works.
>
> If you had to create this symlink on your FreeBSD box, you may find that
> the user alxkiste on the FreeBSD box doesn't have /usr/local/bin in its
> PATH.

alxkiste is the name of the FreeBSD box, the user, in this case root, has
/usr/local/bin in its path.

But i forgot to kill and restart sshd after deinstalling openssh and
installing ssh, so with ssh it works without symlink.

openssh is working now, after cvsuping ports and rebuilding openssh.
I think, its reading login.conf now (read on cvs-all).

> If you had to create this symlink on your Linux box, you're asking the
> wrong people. :-)

I would never bother you with that frosty bird ;-)

> Ciao,
> Sheldon.
Thanks, alx