Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:55:54 +0100
From:      bsd <bsd@todoo.biz>
To:        Liste FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: incremental FTP backup program

Are there any specific scripting tools that I could use in order to =
achieve that ?=20

=46rom what you are describing a tool that would automate the dump =
process and take care of snapshots versions would be a must=85 ??=20

Any idea ?=20

Le 17 d=E9c. 2009 =E0 18:12, Roland Smith a =E9crit :

> On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 05:29:54PM +0100, bsd wrote:
>> Hello,=20
>>=20
>> I have been provided with a 1To backup space by my hosting company=85
>> unfortunately It is only accessible by FTP which does not allow me to =
do the
>> regular backup / restore I use to do using RSYNC.
>>=20
>>=20
>> What are the options I have in order to do the backup / restore of =
the files
>> knowing that :
>>=20
>> 1. I would like to have a time based backup solution (incremental =
with
>> sub-folder for daily backup so I can restore files from xxx days =
ago).
>>=20
>> 2. I need to use ftp as a transport
>>=20
>> 3. Some of my servers have limited space so doing a local sync then =
FTP will
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/
> [plain text _non-HTML_ PGP/GnuPG encrypted/signed email much =
appreciated]
> pgp: 1A2B 477F 9970 BA3C 2914  B7CE 1277 EFB0 C321 A725 (KeyID: =
C321A725)

=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF
Gregober ---> PGP ID --> 0x1BA3C2FD
bsd @at@ todoo.biz
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=
=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF=AF

P "Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing =
this e-mail"