Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:56:00 +0100
From:      Michael O Shea <micheal@com4u.ch>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   sql with FTP

Hi folks,

Up to now we provide FTP to our customers via ProFtpd compiled with
mod_sql with Postgres.
This was great as it allowed up to store users
username/password/uid/gid/homedir in SQL and not /etc/passwd and
proftpd would chroot them into their homedirs.
However proftpd by their own addmission is not that secure and they
have now discontinued SQL support in their latest version due to
security issues.

Does anyone know of a similar (secure) ftpd that can auth against
SQL/PostGres or is there anyother way to do this ?