Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2010 15:36:16 -0400
From:      Tim Dunphy <bluethundr@gmail.com>
To:        Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: migrating to openldap

Maciej, thanks for the suggestion! I did give it a try but the result
did not change.. Here is a copy-paste of what I tried:

LBSD2# echo $LDAP_BASE
dc=summitnjhome,dc=com
LBSD2# ./migrate_base.pl > /home/bluethundr/txt/ldif/base.ldif
LBSD2# less /home/bluethundr/txt/ldif/base.ldif
dn: dc=padl,dc=com
dc: padl
objectClass: top
objectClass: domain

dn: ou=Hosts,dc=padl,dc=com
ou: Hosts
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

dn: ou=Rpc,dc=padl,dc=com
ou: Rpc
objectClass: top
objectClass: organizationalUnit

I mean I guess worse comes to worse I can break out some command line
perl and replace dc=padl with dc=summitnjhome but it would be cleaner
/faster I think to see if I can get the environment variable to be
read by the various scripts. I would appreciate any thoughts on the
matter...

thanks again!

--
Here's my RSA Public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 5A4873A9

Share and enjoy!!