Date:      Wed, 4 Dec 1996 21:08:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@nike.efn.org>
To:        Ernest Hua <hua@chromatic.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.freebsd.org, hardware@freefall.freebsd.org, hua@ohio.chromatic.com
Subject:   Re: Ricochet Network + FreeBSD?

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Ernest Hua wrote:

> Has anyone ever tried to use Metricom's Ricochet modems with FreeBSD?

it works great... which type ppp do you want to use?  user or kernel?
only thing is that on my Toshiba notebook I get sio overflows once in a
while under kernel, but not under user mode...

> Any info appreciated.

well... I have configurations for both... interested?  ttyl..

John-Mark

gurney_j@efn.org
http://resnet.uoregon.edu/~gurney_j/
Modem/FAX: (541) 683-6954   (FreeBSD Box)

Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD (unix)