Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2012 15:10:50 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   just thought of a new gui port!

	how about a local weather GUI that reports the outdoors highs and
	lows [temps], and the barometric scale and the forecast?

	we've got one in a shaded area on our deck that pings an indoors
	receiver every 10-15 minutes.  I can't get too close to the
	receiver for fear of ramming into the furniture.  also, the
	backlight only lasts a few seconds ... too fast for me to scan
	everything.

	1. is there any transmitter that will reach, say, 25 meters and
	whose data could be picked up by a card inside my computer?

	2. I live so close to the airport weather station that im sure
	that would tell me tons more stuff that I could pick up outside the
	house.  Iremember seeing the weather bureau for the entire US.
	pretty sure there are global sites with similar data.

	feedback?

	gary

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.