Date:      Fri, 22 May 2009 23:56:53 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Christias <p.christias@noc.ntua.gr>
To:        Uwe Laverenz <uwe@laverenz.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: port net/openldap24-sasl-client fails to register as dependency

Uwe Laverenz wrote:
> Panagiotis Christias schrieb:
>
>> I am already using that. Without it portinstall/upgrade would try
>> every time to install net/openldap24-client (and fail). But it still
>> does not register the dependency.
>
> There is a "knob" for this problem that should help you, please add
>
>     WANT_OPENLDAP_SASL=YES
>
> to your /etc/make.conf.
>
> I also ran into this problem and this solved it for me. There are more
> options for openldap (documented in /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk).

You are right, problem solved! The funny thing is I was already using
WANT_OPENLDAP_VER for a long time. I suppose back then, I failed notice the
other options :)

Thanks a lot,
Panagiotis

--
Panagiotis J. Christias    Network Management Center
p.christias@noc.ntua.gr    National Technical Univ. of Athens, GREECE