Date:      Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:02:13 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Claus=20Guttesen?= <cguttesen@yahoo.dk>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   max. partition size on 5.x

Hi.

Not shure whether this is the right place to ask, but
I haven't found other sources of information.

I deployed a beta3-nfs-server which works fine. Two
IDE-to-SCSI-cabinets are connected to the server using
an aic7899-controller. The first cabinet has approx. 2
TB (12 disks at 200 GB, as expected). When I connected
the second cabinet using 250 GB disks, I exptected
approx. 2.5 TB, but only saw 764 GB.

Is there any limit that is imposed by 5.x in terms of
max. partition size? This is running on a Compaq DL
380 dual PIII (G2) with 3 GB RAM, microstorage
cabinet.

The raid-system became visible by the usual
'camcontrol rescan all' and I used 'fdisk -I /dev/da2'
and 'disklabel -w /dev/da2s1'.

Claus

Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan