Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2006 16:40:30 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to build mozilla-1.7.13,2

> Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 17:49:03 -0400
> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>

> Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > I am unable to build the latest mozilla on one -Current system. I have
> > followed all of te recommended steps, but have made no progress. I am
> > guessing that something needs to be re-installed or maybe I have
> > something old still hanging around.
> >
> > Log attached. I have re-installed Freetype2. CVSup from this
> > morning. All ports are up-to-date.
>
> You may very well have some old freetype2 headers on your system
> somewhere.  The missing symbol is defined in
> /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/ftcache.h.  That should be the
> only definition of FTC_ImageType on the system.

Thanks, Joe!

It took some rooting around to track down all of the issues, but somehow
I got a version (probably pretty old) of freetype2 in /usr/X11R6. I ave
no idea when or how this happened. Once I cleaned out all of the garbage
from /usr/X11R5, especially bin/freetype-config, mozilla built just
fine.

Thanks again!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer