Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:36:01 +0100
From:      Xavier Galleri <xgalleri@enition.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel memory allocation bug ...

Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * Xavier Galleri <xgalleri@enition.com> <mailto:xgalleri@enition.com> [010125 09:53] wrote:
>
>> Well, I am a bit disappointed to get no answer at all to my issue. Is it
>> because this is not the correct fashion to ask for support on what has
>> been identified as a potential kernel bug ? Please, let me know what I
>> am supposed to do to get progress, since this is of prime importance to
>> our product ...
>

> I told you about 3 times to provide us with a stipped down source
> code module which reproduces this "bug".
>
> You haven't done this.
>
> Therefore I can't help you.
>
> Sorry,
> -Alfred

I did not expect to make trouble to anyone, just sorry for the
inconvenience ... I am not sure that we could easily provide for some
code sample on this issue since this could be expensive, but I will see
for sure (I easily understand that this is easier for anybody to track
down a problem in such conditions ;-).

That said, I still remain astonished not to get any comments or
questions or hints or any other reactions about the analysis I have
already provided. I have seen other mails in this list that exposed
different kind of issues without requiring code sample to feed a
constructive discussion. Did I miss something ?

Regards

X. Galleri