Date:      Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:25:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Leonard  <root@myplace.org>
To:        cyberhaq@concentric.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation

Howdy,

you just need to create subdirectories on the floppies.

/bin    	for bin
/manpages  	for manpages
/dict    	for dict
/docs		for docs

Make sure that the inf file for each is in the first disk in the
subdirectory which is appropriate.

ie. when you get to the last bin disk it needs to look like this:

A:\

  \bin

  \manpages

the manpages inf file needs to go in the subdirectory manpages under the
last bin subdirectory ... and so on (after manpages dict, and after dict
docs). This setup tell FreeBSD what is up next and what to expect. You will
need to download (at minimum for a user installation) the above chunks
to get a complete installation (not just the bin subdirectory)

If you have real problems let me know and I'll let you borrow the CD
for an installation and send out a floppy so that you can see.

Let me know how it goes

---
Keith
kleon@bellsouth.net
WebMaster  -  http://www.rexart.com  -  Rex Artist Supplies
Those who can, do.  Those who can't, simulate.