Date:      Sun, 19 May 1996 19:18:20 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        khetan@iafrica.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Top not functioning

> I recently made world after updating my tree to delta 2002 and extracting
> the source. Everything seems to be working fine, except for top.
>
> The error it gives is top: cannot read swapptr: kvm_read: Bad address
>
> Is this a known/fixable error ?

Yes, top is very system-dependent and needs to be re-compiled after
re-making the world (ps is similar, but 'make world' handles this
automatically).

If you're upgrading from 2.1.0-RELEASE, your best bet is to get the
latest version from ports-current, as this has been kept coordinated
with all the system changes.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
jraynard@dial.pipex.com