Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2010 16:53:35 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kmem_map too small: 3832475648 total allocated

According to James R. Van Artsdalen:
> system is a Core i7 975 (3.33 GHz x 4 cores 3x threads per core) with 12
> GB of RAM, a 2x2TB ZFS boot pool and a second (idle) pool of 16x2TB.

> panic: kmem_malloc(131072): kmem_map too small: 3832475648 total allocated

Apart from the fact that you must at least set vm.kmem_size to something like 2x your RAM, one rule of thumb I've seen discussed for ZFS is that you will need approximatively 1 GB of RAM per TB of data so you may be a bit short here to get optimal perfs.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
In memoriam to Ondine : http://ondine.keltia.net/