Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:44:08 +0200
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sven Willenberger <sven@dmv.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to autostart geom_stripe?

--7lMq7vMTJT4tNk0a

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 12:38:03PM -0400, Sven Willenberger wrote:
+> Interestingly, once I applied the patch, and followed the make
+> instructions you supplied above, the thing actually works (even though
+> the patch looks like it was designed merely to trap a suspected error).
+> I am not sure if the physical act of remaking the module from the
+> modules directory solved the problem or what happened exactly. I will
+> try a few more reboots and see what happens.=20

This could be an effect of a race which we can have here.
As I susspect, daX SCSI providers are created with 0 sectorsize. Sectorsize
is set later, but maybe sometimes before gmirror taste it.
Few more reboots may confirm my suspicion, yes.

--=20
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl

--7lMq7vMTJT4tNk0a