Date:      Tue, 27 May 2003 10:17:14 -0400
From:      "Nan Wang" <nanericwang@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   The clock is too fast in FreeBSD!

Hi!
The clock in FreeBSD is too fast!
I tried GENERIC kernel, the BSD clock is still too fast.
the problem is on 5.0 Release, 5.1 BETA1, and 5.1 BETA2.
I have not yet tried 4.x.
I'm using PII 366Mhz Acer notebook w/ 192mb RAM ALi Chipset
but there is no problem on Win98 and Linux(Redhat 8)

I guess, in a Windows system, the timing function read time
from CMOS(Hardware Clock), where as FreeBSD just add itself
which is too dangerous for a server.

Hope the problem will be solved in future.
good luck.

Eric.