Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 16:23:11 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcpdump malloc bug

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 04:03:08PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> citusc17# ln -s AJ /etc/malloc.conf
> citusc17# tcpdump
> tcpdump: [CRAP DELETED]: Device not configured
>
> This is true on 4.0-S as well, where I actually first found it.

It's fixed in the tcpdump.org libpcap sources, but we haven't
caught up yet.  It's due to using memory after it's free'd,
and I suggested to Bill Fenner (that is the right Bill F, right?)
that we ought to update.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Stay close to the Vorlon.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           *