Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 10:41:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@kot.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP: a big disappointment of 3.4

Yesterday, I upgraded my father's 3.0-CURRENT to the 3.4 and now he is
unable to get online. When ppp's chat script completes, ppp logs

	Warning: truncated pap header (0 > 5)

several times and proceeds to redialing. The /etc/ppp/ppp.conf is
the same as before. The ISP is Ziplink. He says, there were occasional
problems getting online before, but last night we were unable to do it
at all.

Sorry, I typed the message by memory and do not have the log here --
his machine is off-line... I'm going to bring an older ppp to him (from
3.2-STABLE) to see if it will work better. Any clues?

	-mi