Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2001 15:55:16 -0300
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <daniel.sobral@tcoip.com.br>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Daniel Capo Sobral <dcs@tcoip.com.br>, Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>, dcs@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: ACPI CHANGES AFFECTING MOST -CURRENT USERS

David O'Brien wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 09:48:24AM -0300, Daniel Capo Sobral wrote:
>
>>When I first wrote the loader.conf thingy, I couldn't get the value
>>of environment variables from the FICL environment.

>>Anyway, I have been too busy lately to do anything with FreeBSD that
>>is not directly related to things I have to do at work, and it doesn't
>>look like slacking up so soon. So, unfortunately, I don't have time to
>>do any of the little things that have been cropping up with loader.
>>

> A very good reason the loader should have used something other then a
> language only 1% of the FreeBSD committers (and entire community) has
> knowledge of.

/me shrugs

I myself questioned the wisdom of using Forth at the time, and Jordan
simply replied I was free to find a more popular language with a freely
available interpreter that would fit in as small a space as FICL did.

--
Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Daniel.Sobral@tcoip.com.br

True leadership is the art of changing
a group from what it is to what it ought to be.
		-- Virginia Allan