Date:      Mon, 4 May 1998 21:20:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg <dglynn@vaview7.vavu.vt.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   MAKEDEV...

Here is a little question, I had problems with the permissions
for files in /dev and so I thought that by running MAKEDEV it would restore
the default permissions on the dev files that needed it but
it turns out that now I can't mount any of the partitions on my
hard drives.

I was thinking of doing a 'MAKEDEV sd0' but I was not sure if it
will match with the way I have my slices on my drives.  Is this correst approach
and should I not run just MAKEDEV without any params any more?

Also, I'm dropped to a shell during bootup and so / is mounted read-only.

-Greg