Date:      Fri, 11 Nov 2016 18:07:41 -0800
From:      David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSD drive appears to have been "downgraded" from SATA 2 to SATA 1

On 11/11/2016 05:24 AM, Mike Clarke wrote:
> I tried that yesterday. Although Windows 7 could see the drive SSD
> Dashboard failed to detect it.
>
> This morning I discovered that camcontrol probably isn't the culprit.
> The next step in rebuilding my ZFS pool was to delete everything on the
> second drive and re partition it to match the new layout. Instead of
> using "camcontrol security" for this drive I mounted the ZFS system
> on /mnt and used "rm -r" to delete all the contents then "zfs destroy
> -r" to get rid of the filesystem and all the snapshots, followed by
> "zpool destroy" to remove the pool. Up to this point the second drive
> had been running at 300MB/s but after rebooting it came up at 150MB/s
> like the other drive.
>
> For my next step I'll delete the GPT partitioning scheme from this
> empty drive and try formatting it with Windows 7 to see if that makes
> it visible to SSD Dashboard.

It seems like you are going through a lot of effort to retain a BSD
system image, ZFS file systems, and/or your data (?).

I find it's easier to backup/ archive everything, test all the hardware
(power supply, memory, drives), replace and re-test hardware as
necessary until all the hardware passes, wipe all the drives (preferably
using the manufacturer diagnostic, especially for SSD's) and start over
with a fresh install of the OS of my choice.

David