Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 00:19:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@ppp-208-188-200-9.dialup.kscymo.swbell.net>
To:        dfolkins@groovy.je.yale.edu (Daniel Folkinshteyn)
Cc:        matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange Spam

In reply:
> well, i am no english major, but i do notice an abnormally high occurrence of
> mathematical terms.  (e.g. Lissajous,Fourier,Laplacian,dodecahedron, exegete,
> maybe more , i did not look that hard), and an unusually high occurrence of
> scientific (mostly biological/biochemical) terms (e.g.
> polymerase,anhydrite,pinniped,benzene,cytosine,yucca...etc), and other
> relatively specialized terms from various branches of science....  so it
> definitely is not a RANDOM selection of words in here.  random word selection
> would not result in so many non-common-usage words.
>
> so if this helps anyone, i am glad, as i sure as hell want to see what this
> means, it has me intrigued. :)

a lot of words in there relating to ultra-right wing rhetoric, as well
as words of violence.  i find a lot of words in there, in some kind of
order that make me think it came from some militia schizo.

could this have been the ultimate recipient?

person:      Speransky Max
address:     CCI Ukraine Ltd.
address:     3, Karl Marx street, Lugansk
phone:       +380 642-501398
fax-no:      +380 642-501398
e-mail:      mx@cci.lg.ua
nic-hdl:     MS5800-RIPE
changed:     mx@cci.lg.ua 19991112
source:      RIPE

well, i may be right or i may be wrong on the right-wing appearence,
but keep in mind that the kgb vault-keeper who defected with the files
did have proof the kgb was funding far-right paramilitary groups in
the usa, they both believe in the same ends and means.

jim
--
All opinions expressed are mine, if you    |  "I will not be pushed, stamped,
think otherwise, then go jump into turbid  |  briefed, debriefed, indexed, or