Date:      27 May 2003 17:01:48 +0200
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <g.w.k@web.de>
To:        James Tanis <jtanis@alumni.clemson.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: no DRM with 5.0R-p7 and Radeon 9000 Fire GL (Compaq Evo N800w laptop)

Am Di, 2003-05-27 um 14.50 schrieb James Tanis:
> 	Did you update your drivers? The drivers that come with 5.0 are old and
> do not work with XFree86 4.3.0.. if you did everything on anholt's
> page you should of checked the log's for X by now, I noticed that my
> logs outright said that my version was too old. You can get these new drivers at
> http://www.xfree86.org/~alanh/bsd-drm-4.3.0-kernelsource.tar.gz and you should
> be good to go.

Thanks, that was my problem.  It works now.

I see that Xscreensaver still has problems, it reports "libGL error:
drmMap of framebuffer failed" when I start the demo mode. That must be a
problem of the daemon.  When I start the savers individually from
/usr/X11R6/bin/xscreensaver-hacks, they run fine in hardware GL mode no
problem.

> Also, I'm not sure what you mean by loading the module, you shouldn't
> have to manually load anything. If everything's close to working properly
> it should load itself.

Yes, it is loaded automatically.  I just loaded it manually to
troubleshoot, looking for the drm0: line.

Thanks for your quick help.

--
Grüße,
Georg.