Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 11:40:32 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPd oddity when changing baud rate

Ok. Heres a weird one for you. I'm hoping someone can shed some light on
my rapidly diminishing sanity.

I'm working on a serial driver, and things are looking good in
character mode via kermit, and PPP at the default baud rate (9600). What
I'm seeing, however, is that if I change the baud rate for the link,
pppd doesn't get around to setting the new baud rate until just after
it gets an LCP:timout sending Config-Requests (or so says debugging with GDB),
and it breaks down the call. I'm also seeing numerous reads and writes to
the device before the baud-rate call is made, so I'm fairly confident
that its not just the timing of the debugger tripping the LCP timeout.

My code for ioctl is copied virtually from the SIO driver, so I'm fairly
confident that I'm linking in at all the right places. In any event, I've
run out of ideas. It appears to work ok with the SIO driver, so I suspect
I'm just doing something stupid. Anyone care to comment?
	-Brian