Date:      Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:59:56 +0200
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        sean@mcneil.com
Cc:        eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fix for cairo.2 not good enough to build eclipse with gnome	2.12

Sean McNeil wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 10:28 +0200, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
>
>>Sean McNeil wrote:
>>
>>>Just finished the long process of upgrading to gnome 2.12.  I did it the
>>>proper way and used the script as specified in UPDATING.  There was a
>>>recent attempt to fix the eclipse port by updating the Makefile to
>>>specify cairo.2, but this is not good enough.
>>
>>If you update again to the latest eclipse port you'll find it was fixed.
>

> No, it wasn't.  Not unless you just committed a fix before you sent this
> email.  Perhaps it was only fixed for the x86 interface to cairo?  This
> is for amd64 that I see the problem.

I'm not a committer :-), but bland@ committed the patch by Andreas Kohn
that was circulating these lists to fix the eclipse-cairo interaction. I
encountered similar problems like the ones you mentioned while using
eclipse/Makefile rev. 1.44, but it worked fine with rev. 1.45 and the
assorted patches in eclipse/files, of course. Then again I'm using i386,
so there may be something else wrong here.

Panagiotis