Date:      Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:14:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      rick@snowhite.cis.uoguelph.ca
To:        kris@obsecurity.org
Cc:        fs@freebsd.org, openbsd-nfsv4@sfobug.org
Subject:   Re: Re: FreeBSD6.0-BETA1 panics

> It didn't panic yet, but when doing a multiple simultaneous cvs update
> with NFS3 mounted repo the clients eventually got stuck in the nfsreq
> state.
>
> FreeBSD had a similar problem for a while, after a change made last
> December, but it was fixed early this year.  Is your server based on
> an old version of the freebsd server code that is missing this (and
> possibly other) fixes, or is this a new bug introduced in your
> version?

The short answer is that the low level socket handling code for the
FreeBSD port is pretty well cloned from the FreeBSD server,
so I'll take a look at the bugfix stuff on
the web site, to see what that was. I'll also check my code against the
current FreeBSD server stuff.

If you could email me the following on the server at the time of the
hang, it could be useful:
# netstat -a 		<-- to see if the connection has data in the
				send or rcv queue
# ps axl | fgrep newnfsd <-- to see if any are hung and where

Again, thanks for the testing, rick