Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:27:15 -0500
From:      Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnomeutils2 port checksum mismatch

Greetings!

I'm working on updating GNOME2 on my system (from the ports tree, cvsupped
yesterday), and gnomeutils2 failed to build due to a checksum mismatch.  I
looked at the official GNOME mirrors in the US and found that different sites
appear to have *different* versions of the same file (different size, date, MD5
checksum, and contents).  The files in question are located at:

ftp://archive.progeny.com/GNOME/sources/gnome-utils/2.0/gnome-utils-2.0.5.tar.bz2
ftp://ftp.cse.buffalo.edu/pub/Gnome/sources/gnome-utils/2.0/gnome-utils-2.0.5.tar.bz2
http://ftp.rpmfind.net/linux/gnome.org/sources/gnome-utils/2.0/gnome-utils-2.0.5.tar.bz2
(The third one *does* match the MD5 in the ports tree, the other two do not).

Anyways, just thought someone might want to know, both to verify the contents of
the files on the mirrors and to update the checksum in the ports tree if
necessary.  I'm not sure where to report this to the GNOME developers, so if
needed, could someone please do that?  Thanks!

-ED

--
Edward Glowacki
glowack2@msu.edu