Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 1997 13:44:22 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dmaddox@scsn.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

[Please trim your cc's - this is getting out of control]

> This seems to me to be a very silly attitude.  Today's -current is
> tomorrow's release...  If this foolishness of continuing to maintain
> tcl in the base tre e is not stopped _now_, we will have to live
> with it for the next N releases.  _Please_ end it *now*.

This argument is hardly likely to win many points.

If this matter is to be concluded reasonably then it's going to be
because the principals involved agreed to sit down and discuss it
*rationally*.  Demanding that people do things "now" is just fanning
the flames and bringing yet more onwonted emotion to an already
overly-emotional issue.

In other words, Donald, you're not being part of the solution, you're
being part of the problem.  Either change that aspect of your debating
style or kindly stay out of the discussion since you're not helping.

					Jordan