Date:      Mon, 03 Jul 2000 11:47:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Generic Player <generic@unitedtamers.com>
Subject:   Re: How do you people listen to mp3s?

On 02-Jul-00 Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> I haven't tried it with 4.0, but mpg123 works very well with
> 3.4-stable.  I haven't tried any GUI programs though (could never
> get them to work with linux either, which is what they were
> supposedly written for).

gqmpeg works well with mpg123.  However, the original poster's
problem sounds like a sound driver issue, not an application issue.
It would probably be fixed by upgrading to 4.0-stable, which has
better sound support.  It would also be most helpful if he/she
would tell us what sound card he/she is using.