Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:14:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan <suedes098@yahoo.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Updating/upgrading lcdproc due to security issue

Hello, my name is Dan.

 I was going to install lcdproc via the ports system,
but the version in the ports collection is outdated
and contains buffer overflow and format string
vulnerabilities.

the current ports version is
0.4.3_2

the current updated/patched version is
0.4.5

I was able to compile and install the newer version,
with mininal tweaking of the patch files included for
the earlier version.

Please let me know what the procedure is to getting
this updated and whether i should submit the modified
patch files or if there is a maintainer for this port.

Thanks for the help/info

Dan