Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 23:02:44 -0600
From:      Steve Eck <seck@d.umn.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.5 install freezing

I am installing 2.2.5 Release on a new computer and it doesn't seem to
want to work.  When I boot with boot.flp it boots fine.  I go through the
kernel config and remove all the conflicting devices.  Then it goes
through the normal probing messages, and finally prints "/stand/sysinstall
running on vty0" and then clears the screen and puts a cursor in the lower
left corner.  (I scrolled back to see the /stand/sysinstall message)  If I
switch to vty1, there are several debug messages printed.  They say:

DEBUG: ioctl(3,TIOCCONS,null) = 0 (success)
DEBUG: found a disk device named wd0
DEBUG: found a DOS partition wd0s1 on drive wd0
DEBUG: found a DOS partition wd0s2 on drive wd0
DEBUG: found a disk device named wd1
DEBUG: try for cd0a returns errno2
DEBUG: try for mcd0a returns errno2
DEBUG: try for scd0a returns errno2
DEBUG: try for matcd0a returns errno2

I don't have any of the cd devices enabled because i just have a ide
cdrom, and the install files are on a DOS partition.
The computer is a P2-300, with 64 megs of ram.  I've installed FreeBSD
several times before on my old computer and never had a problem, so this
one mystifies me.  Thanks in advance

Steve Eck