Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 21:05:59 -0800
From:      "Jeff Yeo" <j.yeo@attcanada.net>
To:        "Olivas, Stacy Q" <Olivassq@nafm.misawa.af.mil>, "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: TCPDUMP output

Stacy Olivas wrote:
>1.  Is there a program (preferably unix, but can be a windows based
program)
>that would allow me to have the logs formatted something easier to analyze

I would recommend Perl.  It is an interpreted scripting language, and
FreeBSD
comes with it installed (at least it came with my 2.2.8), and it excels at
crunching text files to generate reports.

On the downside, you have to learn the Perl scripting language but if you
know any of C, SED, AWK, shell programming you shouldn't have any trouble.

Jeff