Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:24:51 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Andreas Wideroe Andersen <awand@pragma.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: getting vmemoryuse resource limit: Invalid argument

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 09:35:50AM +0200, Andreas Wideroe Andersen wrote:

[...]
> Aug  5 09:10:00 killah cron[180]: getting vmemoryuse resource limit:
> Invalid argument
> Aug  5 09:15:00 killah cron[183]: getting vmemoryuse resource limit:
> Invalid argument
> Aug  5 09:20:00 killah cron[186]: getting vmemoryuse resource limit:
> Invalid argument
>
> I'm going to compile a new kernel aswell, but I'd like to know what
> causes these cron output errors.

This indicates a out-of-sync userland. When you upgrade your system,
you need to follow the mandated steps outlined in the Handbook. Any
other method will result in Weird Things(R) happening. In your case,
you should have done your buildkernel+installkernel *before* you did
your installworld.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>