Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 11:01:16 +0200
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        "Patrick Bihan-Faou" <patrick@mindstep.com>, <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Integrating QMAIL in the world

At 5:40 PM -0400 2000/4/9, Patrick Bihan-Faou wrote:

>>  Then people that are running a mail server could install either the
>>  Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, Zmail, etc...  MTA ports.
>
>  Sounds like a great idea. The reason why I am doing this is because I DONT
>  want sendmail. The solution that is being implemented sounds like the best
>  way to approach this.

	I can support this position as well.  I don't think we're likely
to find consensus on replacing one MTA with another (the community is
too diverse for that), so replacing a full-featured MTA with one that
has the minimum necessary features for "nullclient" operations and
then allowing people to install whatever full-featured MTA they may
want seems to be the best alternative.