Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 19:12:10 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Keith Ray <rayk@sugar-land.spc.slb.com>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How long until a port is committed?

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 06:46:13PM -0400, Brandon Fosdick wrote:
> I'm not a commiter but from what I've seen the results vary a lot
> depending on many things. I had one port that was commited the same day
> and another one that took weeks. I think it mostly  depends on how busy
> the committers are and how complicated your port is.

It also depends on how much of the legwork you've done in regards to the
port. If you check with Satoshi on whether the port should go in the
category you've selected, that's a real plus. If you check your port with
portlint, then all the better. If you check the website (if there is one)
relating to your program, then thats good. If you check with Satoshi on
whether a repo-copy will be needed (and even convince him to do it before
somebody imports your port), that's another plus. :-)

There's a lot of things you can do to ensure speed in committing ports.
Doing all the legwork for committers is one of the best ways. :->

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>