Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 2004 18:06:00 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        "Mazen S. Alzogbi" <freebsd@mazenalzogbi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Accessing Windows files from FreeBSD

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:24:27 +0400
"Mazen S. Alzogbi" <freebsd@mazenalzogbi.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to access files that exist in a Windows partition on the
> same machine from FreeBSD 4.9.
>
> I appreciate your help in showing me the way to do that.

mount_msdos /dev/ad0s4 /mnt
where ad0 is your disk and s4 is your win slice FAT32 formatted

or mount_ntfs is it is NTFS; mount_ntfs(8) says:

WRITING
     There is limited writing ability.Limitations: file must be
nonresident     and must not contain any sparces (uninitialized areas);
compressed files     are also not supported.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user