Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 1997 14:38:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Syslog Facility

I have looked at the code to lpd and pppd and I can't figure what I am
doing wrong here. I am doing an:

openlog (argv[0], LOG_PID|LOG_NDELAY, LOG_DAEMON);

in main an later in another function

syslog (LOG_ERR, "some message");

but the syslog facillity is refusing to log the process id number eg:

date machine programname[pid]: message

in the syslog, and it is driving me nuts as to why.
Any ideas on this one?