Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 10:34:01 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        andreas@knobel.gun.de (Andreas Klemm)
Cc:        grog@lemis.de, hackers@FreeBSD.org, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: What printed documentation do we need?

> The following issues should be covered as well
>
> - Supported Hardware (-stable, -current, near future plans)
> - Installation methods

[ ... ]

Let me second "Installation methods".

This weekend, I helped someone install FreeBSD 2.1 using the boot disk
from a CDROM and some twiddling.

Initially they went to WWW.FreeBSD.ORG, but couldn't easily find the
install disks or what to install.  There was no top level install.doc,
and (checking post-facto) the "get installed" code came in 3 levels
deep.

This is rather buried.  It makes it very difficult for someone to pull
the code down for an install.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---