Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 15:55:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu (Stephen Tsai)
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Handbook

Stephen Tsai writes:
> Hi! I am working on setting up FreeBSD systems in the univeristy's computer
> lab.  I am wondering if the FreeBSD Handbook will be avaliable in print or
> electronic form.  This FreeBSD Handbook will give me a great help.

Electronic:
http://www.freebsd.org/How/handbook/handbook-html.tar.gz contains
all the HTML files.

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/share/doc/handbook/
contains the sgml source from which the html files come.  If you
are running 2.0.5 or FreeBSD-current, you can invoke the
sgmlfmt(1) command on the file named handbook.sgml to generate
ascii, latex, and html output.  In a few days there will be a
makefile so you can just type "make install" to have the html
files installed in /usr/share/doc/handbook.

-john

=== jfieber@cs.smith.edu ========== Come up and be a kite!  --K. Bush ===