Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 2002 00:36:22 +0100
From:      Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pseudo-device ef

agapon@excite.com wrote, On 12/26/02 19:11:

 > I have FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE here and pseudo-device ef doesn't seem to do
 > the right thing. When compile kernel wth this option I see all the ef
 > symbols in kernel:

 > but no XXNfM interfaces come into existance after boot.
 > On the other hand, if I load the corresponding module if_ef via
 > loader.conf, everything works like charm.
 > Am I missing something or is there a problem with the code ?

	The ef code creates preudointerfaces on init only. It doesn't catch the
interface creation after initialisation. You should load 'ef' module
after all other network-interface related module are loaded already.

				Dan

--
Dan Lukes     tel: +420 2 21914205, fax: +420 2 21914206
root of  FIONet, KolejNET,  webmaster  of www.freebsd.cz