Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:55:44 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: change of patches/ handling behaviour requested

On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 01:34:30PM +0200, Alexander Langer wrote:
> Here is the diff that does what I want:
>
> diff first general, then more and more specific:
>
> 1. general patches
> 2. arch patches
> 3. opsys patches
> 4. opsys-arch patches

Great work, Alex!  I think this patch should be implemented.  One word
of caution should be made to porters that they need to remember the
order in which patches are run; if there's more than one patch across
these categories for the same file, they have to do the diffs in the
same order that the patches will be made.  Or else there may be
conflicts (maybe not, depending on where the patches go).

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>