Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 1996 13:24:46
From:      officeware@gnn.com (william  howell)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD installation

I recently purchased a CD copy of FreeBSD from your company. And
had some problems installing it that seem to have affected my
hardware. I was trying to install directly from CD but couldn't get
it to work, so I created a boot floppy usig the IDE CD option from
the installation menu. I then rebooted the computer with the floppy
and went to the section on partioning the disk from BSD, but before
I could do anything the system locked up. I the removed the boot
disk and tried to reboot from DOS on the hard drive, nothing
happened. It doesn't even go through the initial BISO boot
functions. Can't boot from DOS diskette or BSD diskette. Seems tha
the attempeted installation has done some damage to my hardware.

Do you have any explanations ?

Bill Howell