Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 10:31:59 -0800
From:      Chris Knight <fbsd-stb@ghostwheel.com>
To:        "Mike O'Dell" <mo@servo.ccr.org>, "Chris Johnson" <cjohnson@palomine.net>
Cc:        Shawn Workman <sworkman@nidlink.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE Cdrom problems

At 09:29 AM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:

>you need to learn to be nice to your customers.

I didn't realize you were a customer.  Perhaps it is because your check is
late.  You will be denied access to this glorious souce of support if you
exceed 30 days past due.

>when you labelled it STABLE you set people's expectations
>and how when you fail to meet them you blame the user??
>I thought this wasn't supposed to be Windows.

What on earth does the labeling of -STABLE have to do with a PROPER error
resulting from someone trying to mount an empty CD-ROM device?  Please find
a better excuse for your tirade against -STABLE.

Not to mention, you didn't answer his question either.  Check my other
reply for an example of how 2.2.8-STABLE does result in an error when
mounting an empty CD device, and the only possible reason I can think of
for his system's odd behavior.  And it still has nothing to do with the
3.0-STABLE branching.

-ck