Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:43:46 +0200 (EET)
From:      pgd@telehorizon.com
To:        Per Tore Larsen <per.tore.larsen@fernonorden.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: NAT within a NAT

Here's what i've tried so far:

I have setup my NAT using the 10.0.0.0 range.
I set up the one of the NATed PCs to be a NAT server as well (using the
192.168.0.0 range). I've put a second network card in it and on this second card
I have connected another PC (the new 192.168.0.0 sub-NAT-network).

More or less the following situation (where you see a '#', it is a network
card):

             10.0.0.0        PC3     192.168.0.0
         +----+    +-PC1    +----+
         |1st |    |        |2nd |
world<---#NAT #----+--------#NAT #-----PC4
         |serv|    |        |serv|

The problem is that the when I give on PC3 "ifconfig fxp1"
(my second network card that gives to PC4) I get the frustrating message "no
carrier".

And of course PC4 gets "no rout to host"..

Any ideas??

thanks,
dimitri & paisios,

PC. I use no DHCP ..