Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:20:38 -0500
From:      tcobb@staff.circle.net
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:    RE: Problems in VM structure ?

I've adjusted MAXUSERS to 128 on my heavily loaded PIIs and the crashes
have not re-occurred for 24 hours now.  (Had to adjust NMBCLUSTERS up,
though)
The panics were happening every 5-8 hours like clockwork prior to this.

I believe that these crashes are caused by heavy network traffic, not
heavy load values, so a make world may not trigger this.  Actually, I
couldn't force it to happen when I hit the box hard during testing with
web traffic, so it must be a combination thing.

Another clue is the fact that I can't seem to get a Pentium (P5) to crash
at all, ever, even when running exactly the same kernel config.
The Pentium IIs fell over like crazy.

-Troy Cobb
 Circle Net, Inc.
 http://www.circle.net