Date:      Thu, 29 Oct 1998 20:39:10 -0600
From:      "Brian Smith" <bsmith1@helser-187-211.res.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gigabit Ethernet drivers?

>> Any reason we haven't seen drivers on this page:
>>
>> http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/Projects/Gigabit/drivers/PacketEngines.html
>
>I think when I asked about this awhile ago chris had said he was going to
>update the driver I think sometime in the future and he would be happier
>with that one. Or something similar. I'm sure he will reply, his original
>reply to my question about the driver is in the archives somewhere.

(I work with Chris. I don't think he subscribes to hardware)

Chris has been working on Packet Engine's second generation cards in
the last month or so... That driver is coming along fairly well. He hasn't
had time to work on the older driver yet though... Too many obnoxious
class and work obligations...

Brian Smith
 bsmith1@iastate.edu

                        The more one knows, the less one believes
                                               -Chinese Fortune Cookie