Date:      Sun, 5 Dec 1999 19:18:45 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <van.woerkom@netcologne.de>
To:        conrads@home.com
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CDDB vs CD Index

> OK, don't worry about this problem.  I just discovered that the CD
> player in the gnomemedia package works just fine *and* does CDDB!
>
> Yay!  :-)

CDDB is not free.

I hope we have the CD Index lib ready soon, so we can modify a whole
bunch of players.

cdrecord for instance already supports our CD id.

Please note that while we have few entries in our database this
is just because we

a) test the system and
b) hope that we can fill it by a new shared effort. Otherwise
c) we might put in the 100.000 or so entries that we have of course
   running on a non public test installation and look if we get sued.

Regards,
Marc