Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:36:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jasper O'Malley" <jooji@webnology.com>
To:        Juergen Nickelsen <ni@tellique.de>
Cc:        Thamer Al-Herbish <shadows@whitefang.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3com PCI 3C905 B-TX

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Juergen Nickelsen wrote:

> Thamer Al-Herbish wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if the vx driver supported the 3Com PCI 3C905 B-TX?
> [...]
> > pci0:9:    vendor=0x10b7, device=0x9055, class=network (ethernet) int
> > a irq 11 [no driver assigned]
>
> Be aware that the 3c905*B* is quite different from the 3c905 (without
> the B). As far as I can see, the vx driver of FreeBSD up to 2.2.7 does
> not yet support the 3c905b.

And never will, if I'm not mistaken. The new xl driver will support the
entire 3com Etherlink XL family of NICs, including both the 3c905
(currently supported by the vx driver) as well as the 3c905B. I just read
about it on the freebsd-stable list, I b'lieve it was.

Cheers,
Mick

The Reverend Jasper P. O'Malley          dotdot:jooji@webnology.com
    Systems Administrator                  ringring:asktheadmiral
	Webnology, LLC               woowoo:http://www.webnology.com/~jooji